Monday 26 May 2008

Bank holiday activities

On Saturday we went tent hunting. Not to be used this weekend but so we have something that doesn't leak like a sieve when we finally go and venture into the great outdoors. We went to various places but ended up at Go Outdoors in Oxford. (Near the Park and Ride). We got a lovely tent that cost £103 (with the discount card) that I have looked up on the web that costs up to £300 at other places. When we got home we put it up and took it down again in the wind in about 90 minutes. (Don't want to look complete prats at the campsite).

Yesterday was a hive of activity in the downstairs loo. It has been painted and the grouting finished. Hubby and youngest then spent the rest of the day boxing in the pipes. I stayed out of the way for a couple of reasons.
  • Not enough room for us all.
  • OH gets bad tempered when he is doing jobs.
  • I was far too busy looking at Lythans blog. She is a daring card maker and has a great tutorial on decorating circles with doodling. (April 2008).

When I wasn't on the web I was in my craft room. I have been cataloging my stamps and putting my 12" papers into a new storage box I bought last week. (Useful box co). The old 12" storage container now has all of my bits of paper stored by colour. This is how I split the sections.

  • Colours. Red, yellow/orange, blue etc.
  • White, silver, velum, grey
  • Brown, beige, gold
  • Pastels. (Patterned papers with a combination of colours).
  • Brights. (Patterned papers with a combination of colours).

The system works for me. I will take some pictures and post them next time.

No comments: