Monday 31 August 2009











I thought it was about time I put something crafty on my blog so here is my recipe box I have just finished. It started life as a card index filing box. I painted the edges with acrylic paint made for metal and gave it a slight distressed look with sepia versafine ink applied with a sponge. I cut out panels from some K and Company paper and distressed the edges then stuck them onto the box with modge podge. When it was dry I sealed it with another coat of modge podge and then added a few embellishments and stamped the title.

2 comments:

Hazel said...

I like this x

camcraft said...

Oooh Just fabulous :-) I have one of these file holders that has been waiting in the wings in the hope that one day I will 'tart' up and use to house recipes. At seeing how you have so cleverly made yours to look soooo beautiful it now doesn't seem as daunting.
Carole x