Thursday 6 June 2019

Hobbycraft trolley.

Last time I visited Hobbycraft, their trolley was reduced to £25. I do own 2 of the Ikea ones and love them. I bought the Hobbycraft trolley as I thought it would be handy for storing my phds. (Projects half done)!!

Putting it together was really simple. The Ikea one was a little more tricky but still quite easy. The Ikea one is made from thicker metal and does feel a bit more sturdy. You can also attach the baskets at different levels where as the Hobbycraft one can only go together one way. The Ikea baskets are shaped where it attaches to the frame, the Hobbycraft one attaches to external holes so the baskets are flat on the sides.

The Hobbycraft trolley has locking wheels and both run smoothly when it is pushed around.

In my opinion, the Hobbycraft trolley is quite good value at £25 but I wouldn't want to pay more. The Ikea Raskog trolley is £50. I've had the Ikea trolley for about 6 years and it is still like it is brand new.


Ikea trolley with shaping around the poles where it attaches to the frame. The Hobbycraft trolley below has the poles on the outside of the baskets.


Able to attach the baskets higher or lower. (Mine are centred).


No comments: