Tuesday 15 January 2008

What a lovely day I had yesterday. My darling husband took me to Ikea and we bought loads of dark brown Christmas decorations for 49p a box. I also managed to pick up a white quilt cover and 2 pillow cases for £5. It has a small diamond design in the fabric but apart from that it is completely plain. I will take the cover apart and make it into a table cloth as the dining room looks very dark this time of year and hopefully it will make it feel brighter.

The best bargain though was for work. (I run an after school club). I have a room within the school that is just for the club so I have purchased some very kitsch fairy lights in the shapes of flowers and leaves to put up around a display board. And the price - £2.50. There were some heart shaped baubles that I thought the children might like to use closer to Valentines day. However it has been pointed out to me that they look like bottoms if you hold them upside down. I'll let you know if the children think the same.

No comments: